I am severely delayed in this posting, which is just no good in the blogging world. Excuses excuses. I will say that I was terribly sick for what seemed like 6 weeks, and couldn't do much of anything besides cough and be a general invalid.
In the midst of that, my beloved Wegmans opened their first store in New England. Our plans, as you may remember, were to camp out the night before and get a good place in line. My hacking cough changed our plans and we decided to wake early, and get in line.
With our good fortune, we woke at 3am, and were in Northborough by 4:30ish. The day had arrived.

In honor of New England, corporate Wegmans hired some poor elderly re-enactment souls to play the fife and drum to build excitement with the crowd.
Other than that, it was a mad rush through the door when it opened. I'm happy to report that I was the first customer to order a sandwich from the sub shop! It was so hectic, that I actually had a bit of crowd overload. You could barely walk without getting stuck behind people who were just ogling the aisles and endcaps. N and I did some light grocery shopping (including finding pumpking doughnut holes, hello!) and were out by 8:30am.
Overall review: It's definitely awesome to have one in the general area, but it's not as good as DeWitt Wegs!
Overall review: It's definitely awesome to have one in the general area, but it's not as good as DeWitt Wegs!
Ah! I can't believe you got there that early! And that there was a line! And a drum and fife band! I had no idea the opening would be such a big deal to non-Syracuseans.
ReplyDelete