Friday, May 25, 2012

Downtown DC Day 2

I woke early for my final day of touring and sight-seeing. My day started off by walking to the FDR Memorial, followed by a 2 mile stroll to the Botanical Garden.


FDR Memorial

This is a beautiful memorial with several water features and inspirational quotes. 
Highly recommend visiting this in the future if you can.




Botanical Garden


This is my favorite shot.

 I love this idea for a crawling, creeping roses or clementines. 
It's much more elegant than a regular arbor or flat lattice.

These are really popular lately, especially in the design and decorator circles. 
I think they're called Stag ferns or deer ferns. They grow well when mounted on a wall.




I love this seersucker plant! I looks just like my favorite summer fabric! 
I wonder which came first-- the plant or the fabric?  


This reminds me of something from Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I can't wait to go back and visit the sites that I didn't find time for!

No comments:

Post a Comment