Tuesday, May 29, 2012

North Carolinaaaaa!

...come on and raise up, this one's for you, this ones for who? Us, us, us, us!

In case you are too old or too young to know, these are lyrics to the masterful song by Petey Pablo. Circa 2001 Boston College.  Maaaaany impromptu dance sessions occurred because of this song. It's the song that pops into my head whenever I read, hear, or speak "north carolina." Do you experience anything like that?

Feel left out because you didn't go to college with me and want to hear this amazing musical display? Check out the music video!


Now back on track... last weekend I visited my good friend KL in North Carolina, with whom I went to high school. It was a regular old reunion with her family...2 of her sisters and her mom, who was generous enough to rent a waterfront beach house in the OuterBanks, near Duck and Kitty Hawk.



The early morning haze is burning off, and its starting to warm and lighten up!


 This kind of creeped me out. Doesn't it look like something on one of those religious cult booklets? Or a brochure about palliative care? Or a framed picture in a delivery room? And why does ocean evoke birth and death symbolism for me? These thoughts I will ponder.

I'm really glad to have reconnected with her; 
we hope to stay in touch better, and perhaps schedule a visit up to Boston soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment